Ready to join Mile High Rowing Club?
This page has everything you need to get started.
Parents and/or Rowers with an interest in joining MHRC should send an email to:
- Rowers and coxswains must be at least 13 years old and birth certificates are required for proof of age.
- Rowers (not coxswains) must be able to carry a minimum of 25 lbs. over their heads (divided weight of an eight boat by the number of rowers).
- Rowers must be at least 100 pounds, and 5'3" for the female team and 5'5" for the male team. Exception for Height requirement is made for the coxswains.
- Rowers and coxswains must be able to swim and tread water for at least 10 minutes.
- Coxswains (the one who steers the boat should be under 120 pounds for boys and under 110 for girls) If you weigh more than 125 for a boys boat or 115 for a girls, you will not be permitted to coxswain at races.
Coaches set up practice workouts based on a specific number of athletes in attendance. If an athlete fails to appear at practice or a race, last minute changes consume precious time, and if several athletes fail to attend, the result may be a canceled practice or a missed race for the rest of the team.
- Rowers and coxswains must arrive on time to practices, races, and any other scheduled MHRC event. Those who are late will not be boated.
- Consistent absence from practice is grounds for dismissal from the team without a refund.
- Parent/Guardian email notification at email@example.com for the Junior Men and the Junior Women may excuse an illness or injury. *This does not apply to Learn to Rows. You are expected to make all Learn to Rows. There are no excused days.*
- Written doctors release forms are required to return to practice after missing more than three days of practice due to illness or injury.
- Known absences such as family vacations and other standing commitments need to be sent to the email addresses above at least two weeks prior to the absence for it to be considered excused. You will be notified if it is excused. (Winter and Summer are the best times for family vacations)
- Three unexcused absences will be grounds for dismissal from the team or suspension from regattas. If proper notification of an athlete’s absence is not received, the coach determines the penalty.
- Except for observed Religious Holidays, there are no scheduled holidays for crew practice. Any other days off are at the coaches' discretion. Try to schedule family vacations around practice or and race days.
- Attendance at practices is required during fall break and spring break.
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation, to and from the Marina for practices and in-state races. MHRC is in no way liable for any members or guests once they leave the Marina or race site after, or during, practices or races.
- Parents: please make sure you have made arrangements for your rower to be picked up on time at the end of practice. If your rower is not picked up within 10 minutes after practice ends this will count as an unexcused absence.
- Participation in regattas is required and is a firm commitment of anyone who registers for our programs. Please refer to the guidelines for individual seasons for regatta requirements.
- IF AN ABSENCE IS UNAVOIDABLE, PARENTS SHOULD SEND AN EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org Email absence notices from rowers are not accepted unless a parent is copied on the email.
All fees must be paid before a rower may attend practice.