Mile High Rowing Club offers year-round programs. Click on the season below to learn more.
Spring season will officially start on March 13.
PLEASE NOTE: TO ROW IN THE SPRING 2017 SEASON, YOU MUST HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THE MHRC PROGRAM PREVIOUSLY.
Attendance at all regattas is mandatory.
Practice Times for Girls
- Monday: 4:15-6:15 p.m.
- Tuesday: 4:15-6:15 p.m.
- Friday: 4:15-6:15 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:15-10:15 p.m.
- Sunday: 8:30-10:30 p.m.
Practice Times for Boys
- Monday: 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 4:15-6:15 p.m.
- Friday: 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30-10:30 a.m.
- Sunday: 8:15-10:15 a.m.
Practice times are individually assigned. Each rower is assigned 5 days of practice and is responsible for reading club emails with practice updates. All rowers must be 14 years old by the end of the calendar year.
Two-Week Camp: June 5-18
This two-week camp at Cherry Creek State Park Marina runs Monday, June 5 through Friday, June 9, and Monday, June 12 through Saturday, June 17. Boat unloading, originally scheduled for Sunday, June 18, which is Father's Day, will be postposed until a later date. Attendance at the all-day Boulder Sprints regatta on June 17 is mandatory if you register for this camp. Required paperwork must be completed prior to attendance and fees must be paid prior to the start of camp. This two-week camp is limited to the first 20 paid registrants. The cost, which includes one state park pass, is $550. CAMP FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Rowers must be available to attend every day of the camp. Late arrivals are not allowed.
One-Week Camps: June 26-30, July 10-14, July 17-21, July 24-28, August 7-11
Rowers who are not able to attend our two-week camp may sign up for a one-week camp, but may not sign up for multiple one-week camps. These sessions will run from 8-10 a.m. at the Cherry Creek State Park Marina. Required paperwork must be completed prior to attendance and fees must be paid prior to the start of camp. The cost, which includes one state park pass, is $300. CAMP FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Rowers must be available to attend every day of the camp. Late arrivals are not allowed.
Requirements for all camps:
- Rowers and coxswains must be at least 13 years old by the start of camp.
- Rowers (not coxswains) must be able to carry a minimum of 25 lbs. over their heads (divided weight of an eight boat by the number of rowers).
- Rowers must be at least 100 pounds, and 5'3" for the female team and 5'5" for the male team-this is for the safety of the rower.
- Rowers and coxswains must be able to swim and tread water for at least 10 minutes.
- Coxswains (the one who steers the boat) should be under 120 pounds for boys and under 110 for girls.
Camp attendance does not mean automatic placement on the fall team. Tryouts will be required for the 2017 fall team.
Questions about camp? Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Register? Click on the appropriate link below:
The 2017 Fall Season will start on or Around August 21.
- Registration typically closes in mid-August. All paperwork must be signed and submitted, and all fees must be paid before a rower may attend practice.
- There will be a maximum number of both female/male rowers plus up to three coxswains per gender team.
- Tryout evaluations for new and returning rowers will be held to determine admission to team. There is a non-refundable $50 tryout fee.
- Admission to team and placement will be at the sole discretion of the MHRC Head Coach.
- Considerations include experience, commitment, character, teamwork, ability, erg scores, and maturity. To be considered team members must have attended a Learn-to-Row camp or have had significant prior rowing experience and were able to lift a 25 lb. weight over their head.
- Mandatory swim test is required for all athletes who did not have a previous swim test on file with MHRC.
- To participate in the spring season, you must participate in the fall season. MHRC has a NO SPRING BREAK POLICY.
- MHRC has a ONE SPORT ONLY POLICY. It is not possible for your rower to participate in another school or club sport. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All rowers had to have been in 8th grade for the upcoming school year and be 13 years old before the end of the current calendar year; birth certificates must be provided as proof of age.
- Rowers will be assigned practices 5 days/week. Practices will be assigned based on possible race line-ups, which will be determined once the team is selected.
All rowers are required to participate in scheduled regattas.