Denver Metro Teens Ages 13-18, Learn to Row With Us This Summer!
SIX week-long summer sessions on Cherry Creek Reservoir
Each session is from 7:30-9:30 am, Monday through Friday
All competitive team rowers start with a Learn to Row program
Introduction to Rowing Programs for Denver Metro-Youth Ages 13-18
Gates, Collars, Foot Stretchers, Crabs? Come learn what these all mean. We are offering small group Learn to row sessions in order to meet the local, state and USRowing requirements for keeping the participants safe during this unusual time. So bring your sense of humor and your patience as you learn to row.
Requirements for all camps:
- Rowers and coxswains must be at least 13 years old by the start of camp. No exceptions, none. Boat laws require those under 13 to wear a full lifejacket this impedes the rowing learning process. If you are over 18 and interested in rowing check out the Rocky Mountain Rowing Club.
- Rowers (not coxswains) must be able to carry a minimum of 25 lbs. over their heads (divided weight of an eight boat by the number of rowers).
- Rowers must be at least 100 pounds, and 5'3" for the female team and 5'5" for the male team-this is for the safety of the rower.* The exception to this rule is those wishing to coxswain only. Coxswains do not need to meet the height or weight requirement, but must still be at least 13 years old. Interested coxswains must be confident as we will teach them to not only steer a boat, but command their crew. No prior experience is necessary, but confidence is a must.
- Rowers and coxswains must be able to swim and tread water for at least 10 minutes.
- Coxswains (the one who steers the boat) should be under 120 pounds for boys and under 110 for girls.
- CAMP FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. Rowers must be available to attend every day of the camp. Late arrivals are not allowed.
Camp attendance does not mean automatic placement on the fall team. You will receive notification at the end of camp if you are invited to join the team.
All 2021 Learn to Row sessions run from 7:30-9:30 am, Monday through Friday. Each session costs $425.
We are located in the marina at Cherry Creek State Park, in the gated area of the Lake House (aka Pelican Bay). When facing the Lake House, you will see a driveway and a gate to your left. Enter the gate and follow the gravel path on your left until you reach the gray trailer marked Mile High Rowing Club.
Required paperwork (see below) must be submitted at least one week before your session start date. Email all documents to: MHRCLearnToRow@gmail.com
Click on a session link to begin the registration process
All Learn to Row participants MUST submit their completed paperwork via email at least a week before the start of camp: MHRCLearntoRow@gmail.com
Please note that a membership to US Rowing is required for all participants, for an additional fee. You must have a signed US Rowing waiver before the start of your Learn to Row session. Download our "US Rowing Instructions" file for details.